Education for Sustainable Development (ESD)
ESD Policy Papers
- Background context for the National Strategy on Education for Sustainable Development-in-Ireland
- National Strategy on Education for Sustainable Development
- UN Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) Strategy for Education for Sustainable Development
- UNESCO Proposal for a Global Action Programme on ESD
- UNESCO Website on Education for Sustainable Development
- UNESCO Course for Secondary Teachers on Climate Change Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate Change Education Resource: Creating Futures
- Just Forests Schools Resources
- ECO UNESCO
- Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland
- ESD: Images and Objects Active Methodology Toolkit
- Facing the Future offers curriculum and professional development resources for teachers on ESD.
- Green Teacher is a a non-profit organisation dedicated to helping educators, both inside and outside of schools, promote environmental awareness among young people aged 6-19. Their quarterly Green Teacher magazine offers perspectives on the role of education in creating a sustainable future, practical articles and ready to use activities for various age levels, and reviews of dozens of new educational resources.
Education for Sustainable Development in Primary Schools - This video demonstrates ways in which primary teachers in Scotland are embedding sustainability and global citizenship as a theme within the curriculum and throughout their school.
What is Climate Change – video for Children